COME UP HITHER!
‘After this I looked, and, behold, a door was opened in heaven: and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me;
which said, Come up hither, and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter.’ (Revelations 4:1)
Bible Reading: Ephesians 2:5-7
Reflections: It is the man who seeks finds, and it is he who knocks, that has the door opened to him!
Men do not arrive at their destinations in life by accident. God has made the earth in such a way that it is the man who asks, that receives. It is the man who seeks finds, and it is he who knocks, that has the door opened to him. Life is made up of difference cadres – not created by God, but made by man. God made all men to be achievers, but some are content to remain at the bottom of the ladder. Yes, God is seated in the heavenlies and He has destined us to sit together with Him in those heavenly places in Christ Jesus, but you have the final choice as to whether you will dwell there with Him in this realms of higher achievers, or not.
God brought John to a place of destiny because He knew were things that John could not see or achieve as long as he stayed where he was. And so, the Lord asked him to ‘come up hither’. John was a man who was banished to the island of Patmos because of his belief in the risen Christ. He was alone on this island. He had many things to worry him. He had every reason to be depressed because many of the other apostles had suffered an even worse fate than his own he knew that Jesus had called them to a life of glory, and yet, they were depressed, despised, downtrodden, discouraged and dying. On this same island of discouragement, God took John to what I call ‘the other side’. In the middle of that lonely island, a door was opened in heaven and a voice called Apostle John to ‘come up hither’. I don’t know what island of Patmos you are on as you read this today. Maybe you are on an island by yourself. No friends, no loved ones, no one cares enough to find out what is happening to you. You may be on an island of sickness all by yourself. Whatever the island may be, there is an ‘other side’. God is calling you to come up hither.
Prayer For Breakthrough
1. Every force and power, standing against my fruitfulness in life, receive the fire of GOD, in JESUS’ name.
2. All enemies of my destiny, receive the arrows of GOD, in JESUS’ name.
3. Every satanic network and activity against my progress, be rooted out and completely destroyed by the fire of the Holy Ghost, in JESUS’ name.
4. Every power and force holding me down, be paralysed by the fire of GOD in JESUS’ name.
5. O LORD, prepare a bountiful table for me in the presence of my enemies, in JESUS’ mighty name. Amen.
My Prophetic Word
1. My harvest shall be plenteous and marvellous, even in adversity.
2. I will live a divinely fulfilled life, this year.
3. My destiny shall not be truncated, I shall gloriously prosper.
Food For Thought
‘Your fruitfulness in life is dependent on your discovery and obedience to it’.